Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bloody show

Last Friday night, my Panget and I walked and walked in Trinoma.

As per the advice of my OB - I should start walking to engage my labor.  And to be honest, it was only the 3rd time in the whole week that I followed her advise.  I walked a bit and felt a little tired, but my Panget insisted that I walk more, and so we did.  We walked for two hours doing a little shopping of course!! :)  (Thanks Panget!!)

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I felt a little cramp that I just dismissed.  I didn't think it was important or the start of my labor because - my tummy was still 'mataas' and that I haven't been walking much.  On our way to designer Edwin Tan's shop in Mandaluyong - I'd feel bothered whenever we'd encounter a pothole on the road, I felt like my stomach was being shaken or something.  I simply told my Panget to drive more slowly and to avoid potholes.

When we got to my mom's house for lunch - I immediately went to the bathroom, and since I have this habit of wiping myself after I pee - I saw pinkish red stains on the tissue paper.  I was confused, I mean it has been a loooong time since I last saw pinkish red discharge right?  And so I wiped again - it was blood.  So I stool up and looked that the toilet bowl - true enough, the water was red.  I got scared.

When I sat down on the dining table - I told everyone that I might be giving birth soon since there was already blood.  I remember my friend Alch - she had a bloody discharge and the next day, she already gave birth!  Everyone was so relaxed - even my Panget, he was telling me that it was nothing.  But seeing the blood for me, didn't mean it was normal - it was obviously NOT normal!  Good thing we had a doctor's appointment that same afternoon.

When I got to my OB's clinic - I immediately told her that there was a bloody discharge, to which she replied 'I like that!'  Hahaha - what the hell does that mean exactly?  Well to her it meant that my cervix is already preparing - she asked if it was a continuous discharge and I said no - she then did an IE on my and declared that the baby was still high and my cervix is just 1cm.  She also asked if I was experiencing contractions - the problem is, I don't know what contractions are!  Hahaha!  She described it as cramp-like pain, and I said I don't feel any pain at all.  She told me to take it easy on the walking but I still could if I wanted to.  She also told me that it might take a few more days or at the most a week - and not to worry.  She said for me to call her anytime if I feel the need, and that if I was not sure - I could go to the hospital and have myself checked, the nurses will call my doctor for a decision.

So last night, I was scared - there was this cramp-like thing that I felt - and I thought, is this it?  Then it occurred to me, that I should start counting already - and I did.  The cramps lasted about 30 seconds and they came every 10 to 15 minutes!  Some were not painful, some were mild and some were a little unbearable.  I didn't think I could sleep, but I did - thank goodness!! :)

So there - I think my time is nearing - Baby K will be out in a few days.

Wish me luck and pray for me for a safe and speedy delivery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment