Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Still NO yaya..

The stress levels are high!!

Because almost everyday - my Panget will ask me 'May Yaya ka na bang nahanap?'

Everytime he asks me this - I want to wring his neck, why?  Because looking for a yaya is NOT that easy!  It's not as if I can just pull them out of a hat and voila!  Yaya is here!  The process is long and very taxing - you should do background checks and interview them on the phone and in person.  Plus, not all potential yayas tell the truth - this I think is the most taxing of all, I mean you believe them YET they tell you lies - just to get you to hire them!  Agencies have outrageous office fees - and this doesn't guarantee that the yaya is good.

There's this agency - where my friend gets her helpers and just recently a yaya.  I called the agency to inqure and while interviewing the person in charge - I had high hopes.  Then after a few days, they call me to tell me that there's a newborn yaya who's available - I interview her, but I feel like I need to see her before hiring her.  Of course, I'm still working - that means, I cannot pull myself out of work and see this potential yaya, right?  Well, this agency gives me an ultimatum - come to the agency or lose the potential yaya.  To hell with the ultimatum right?  I was busy so I let her go.  The agency then calls me in the next few days - making me interview other potential yayas - until one day, I told myself that I will really go and see for myself the person I interviewed.  I told my mom to come with me, and when we got to the agency's office - my mom immediately told me in confidence 'Gusto mo ba ganyan ang itsura ng mag-aalaga sa baby mo?'  Now - why did my mom say that?  It was because the potential yaya looked really malnourished!  She looked so thin and weak!  When we asked her why she looked that way - she just replied that it was because of her former employer - 'napagod' daw siya ng husto.  We then asked her how long she was with them - she said three (3) years!  And she volunteered the reason why she left - it was because her former employer was a drug addict!  We then asked her how she knew of her for employer's condition - she then said that there was chismis BUT she didn't want to believe it daw - even if the former househelp left one by one.  My mom again asked her 'Bakit ngayon mo lang nalaman na drug addict pala siya?  Hindi ba mga unang dalawang buwan, mapapansin mo na?'  She then replied it was because she doesn't work closely with the  mom - but the other helpers did.  Tsaka lang siya naniwala when she saw how the mom was last December 2010 and that's when she decided to leave na.

My mom was giving me signals that she doesn't trust this potential yaya.  It was only through that interview that I learned of the reason why she left - on the phone, she just said that she was getting too tired!  So again, YAYA HUNT - FAIL!  When we left the agency, I called the agency to ask - why they referred a yaya like her - I asked if this potential yaya was an old applicant, they said she was new - but then they screened her VERY WELL!  I then retorted - had they screened well, we would have known the REAL reason why she left her former employer?!  Right?

After this incident - the agency never called me back - that was up until last Saturday morning!  On my way to Mercato Centrale - where I bought breastmilk trays.  I received a call from them telling me that there's a 'magaling' na yaya - and that this yaya came from Judy Ann Santos.  So I asked again if this was a new applicant or an old one - she said a new one.  My next question was - how they knew she was very good?  It doesn't mean that if she came from Judy Ann Santos, she automatically becomes very good at her job!  I asked why the yaya left - the agency person said 'Hindi sila magkasundo ng nurse ni Judy Ann'  To which I asked how long this yaya was with Judy Ann - guess what the answer was 'ONE MONTH!'  Now, how can a yaya for a month say that she's very good?  She just lasted for 30 freaking days!  I got upset and asked for old employers - the yaya was willing to give out the numbers of her old employers - but she had to inform her previous employers that I will be calling.  The agency person then told me that she will text me the numbers of the former employers - and so I am waiting, until this morning.  I just wanted to see what was taking so long - I called the agency and the person said that the asking price was too high - 8K.  I then told her, I was asking when she will text me the numbers of the previous employers - she then said, that the applicant is coming back when the agency finds her a suitable employer who was willing to shell out 8k a month!  See how this agency person is NOT answering my questions directly?

I had to give her a piece of my mind.  I told her 'Sa susunod, sana sabihin niyo nalang yung totoo.  Pag sinabi ninyong magtetext kayo, mag-text kayo, kung ano man ang update - let's say hindi ibingay, ibalita niyo sa akin para at least alam ko at hindi ako naghihintay sa wala' 

Hay nako talaga!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment